Saturday, October 20, 2012

More about your feelings for blanket sleepers

More from message board at misterpoll.com

 

 

I love my blanket sleepers

 

 

Posted by footedblanketsleepersrule on 2003-08-30 06:50:43
Hi all,well,what do you think of my poll? Let us know what got you into wearing footed blanket sleepers again. Was it that you saw someone wearing one, and since you hadn't worn one since you were 4 years old,you wanted to try on a pair,and found that you loved footed pajamas? Did you hate them as a little kid,but when you "re-discovered" them, you found that you really loved them,or at least wearing that first pair since you were 4 years old,made you fall in love with wearing footed blanket sleepers? Well,please share us your stories,and maybe I'll share mine, thanks!
Posted by JeremyA on 2003-09-17 04:06:38
========== In Reply To ========== Hi all,well,what do you think of my poll? Let us know what got you into wearing footed blanket sleepers again. Was it that you saw someone wearing one, and since you hadn't worn one since you were 4 years old,you wanted to try on a pair,and found that you loved footed pajamas? Did you hate them as a little kid,but when you "re-discovered" them, you found that you really loved them,or at least wearing that first pair since you were 4 years old,made you fall in love with wearing footed blanket sleepers? Well,please share us your stories,and maybe I'll share mine, thanks!
Posted by JeremyA on 2003-09-17 04:24:16
Hi- I am also a blanket sleeper lover. I wore them until I was about 13 or so.That was when Sears had the Pooh sleepers up to size 14.I put up with some good-natured ribbing for wearing them, but I didn't mind. No one in my family cared- they were just pajamas. I probably would have continued wearing footed pajamas but could not find them in my size when I outgrew my Pooh sleepers. About 3 years later, I was at a store and found Dr. Denton's which went in sizes all the way up to size boy's 16/18. I couldn't believe it! I bought a few pairs, which I wore until they turned to rags. Unfortunately, these were discontinued, but by that time, Dr. Denton's were making them in women's sizes. I bought a few of them-a sleeper is a sleeper- right? After Denton's company folded, I found sleepers on the Web- (Lands' End, Warmth Wear, Komfy Kozy). Some of these were actually better-made than the traditional store bought ones of the past. I've got several pairs now, including some of my old sleepers I've had since I was a kid.I'll never outgrow my fondness for sleepers as long as they continue to make them. I think everybody would wear them if given a chance. I'm always happy to correspond with anybody who shares my interest in footies. Regards, Jeremy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment