Friday, September 28, 2012

What's your "Rediscovery Story"?

Hey all,I'm just curious,when did you "rediscover",blanket sleepers? I'm going to give my story to start off,but I'm going to try to be brief,but here's my "Rediscovery Story",enjoy:









I was born in the New York City metro-area in the late 1970's,and as anyone who
lived here at that time can attest,we had some cold winters during that time
(1977-1982),and due to the energy crisis we were in,at that time,as well,you
really needed warm clothes to wear to get by,so that is why my parents dressed
me and my older sister, who was 3 years old when I was born in early 1979,in
those fuzzy, fleecy,full-body pajama-suits called blanket sleepers.The ones we
wore were those Sears Winnie-the-Pooh,blanket sleeper pajamas that Sears made
back in that time (mainly the 1960's,1970's,and 1980's), and we wore them until
we were about 5 or 6 years old,my older sister until 1980 or 1981,me until 1983
or 1984,and my younger sister,who was born in 1984,until 1990 or 1991.Well,until
then,I was fine with not having to wear footed blanket sleepers again,but
then,one day,in the fall of 1993,when I was 14 years old,I went into a used
clothing store in my town,and saw this rack of blanket sleepers that seemed to
be designed for children older than 5 or 6 years old.You see,I thought blanket
sleepers were only made for little kids 5 years old, or younger,but boy was I
wrong.I saw these size 14,blue Carter's blanket sleeper and they brought back
memories of my yellow Pooh-bear blanket sleeper from when I was 4 years old,in
the early 1980's,so I tried it on,on a lark,and was surprised when I was able to
fit my arms in the sleeper-sleeves,and zipper the blanket sleeper up,so I bought
the thing and wore it when I got home that night.More on this story in future
posts,so tell me,what's your "Rediscovery Story"?

No comments:

Post a Comment