Saturday, February 15, 2014

Do you use a blanket or a sleeper blanket for your 6+ month baby?

Now that we are into fall what do you keep your little one warm with at night?

My son hates blankets..not sure how he would like a sleeper blanket/bunting? Not sure what they are really called.
Answer Question
 
mommytobrooke
Asked by mommytobrooke at 11:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)
Level 14 (1,672 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • My little guy sleeps in the fleece blanket sleepers. You can either purchase the ones that look like little bags or the little feetie suits. When it gets really cold, I put a onesie on underneath the sleeper.
    hootie826
    Answer by hootie826 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • We put DD in long sleeves and pants with one or two blankets. She is always kicking the covers off, but would cry b/c she would get cold so we put her in warmer jammies. That seems to be cutting down on her waking up at night due to being cold.
    lovemybaby283
    Answer by lovemybaby283 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • my 8 month old sleeps in either long sleeve/pant jammies or the sleepers with footies. always with a light blanket as well, although it's at the other end of the crib every morning.
    tnm786
    Answer by tnm786 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • We cosleep and my baby is a mini radiator like her father so naked with socks or tshirt and babylegs with socks. I'm the only one who sleeps with a blanket; when the two of them find the ambient temperature comfortable I'm freezeing :)
    amileegirl
    Answer by amileegirl at 11:27 AM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • i used those sleepers with feel in them for my boys until they were about 5 - and they loved them - always bought their favorite characters - as well as sheets, pillowcases, bedspreads, pj's, etc. - i never had to worry about them kicking the blanket off off of them and getting cold during the night and it assured me a good night's rest - as i didn't have to keep getting up and checking on them to see if they were warm enough ...
    kaysimon132461
    Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • My little guy (6 mos.) kicks of his blanket and then cries because he is cold so we bought two blanket sleepers. He loves to be warm so I still put a blanket over him and he doesn't wake up crying anymore.
    armyofmany
    Answer by armyofmany at 11:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • Yeah, of course... I used blankets in the hospital... I never bought in to all this "they can't have a blanket" crap...
    SabrinaMBowen
    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • My son has been swaddled in a blanket while sleeping, since birth. He is 4 months now, and I have used a sleeper sac too.
    KairisMama
    Answer by KairisMama at 12:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • we used footie pajamas (Carter's were the best) and a blanket for all of our kids...basically from birth.  We only ever had 2 of those sleep sack things and they were pink so only the girls used them.  All 5 were swaddled in a blanket (a homemade quilt that belonged to my husband when he was a baby) from the time they were born.  They all left the hospital wrapped in it and used it for at least their first year.
    justanotherjen
    Answer by justanotherjen at 12:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010
  • When we first brouhgt my daughter home, we used a swaddler, Around the time of her turning 2-3 months old, she hated the swaddler, so she graduated to footie pjs :) Carters are the best :)

    The only brob I had with the fottie pjs is that some of them snap up the leg, and when I would get up in the mornings my daughter would already have her legs out of them :)
    KaylynnsMommie2
    Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment