Saturday, February 15, 2014

blanket sleepers?? help!!!!

Ok, so I know you're not supposed to put blankets in the crib with the baby. So people have been saying to put the baby in a blanket sleeper. But what is the difference warmth-wise between a blanket sleeper and a regular sleeper? And what am I supposed to put on under the blanket sleeper? I've just been putting a onesie under it, but that and the blanket sleeper still doesn't seem warm enough to me. help!!
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tgentosi
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Thats what I have been doingjust a onsie under her blanket jammies...plus a pair of socks
mrsJLA
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM
There isn't a difference between a fleece sleeper and a fleece banket sleeper. I just know DD likes the blanket ones better because they give her legs more room to sprawl out. I like them because its easier to change her in the middle of the night.  We lightly swaddle her bottom half with a light blanket. She can't flip over just yet, so I am not worried about it.  
gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2009 at 3:03 PM
i dont think there is too much difference except that the blanket sleeper can go over other clothes. i put a sleeper with thin/light material on my 4 month old instead of a thick one and then put the blanket sleeper over that.
mommy2bunny
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM
I always bundled up my DD in a long sleeve onesie, thick blanket sleeper, put her between those special cushion things so she couldn't roll, then tucked a blanket in between the mattress and crib slots.  However, if you want to stay away from blankets all together, I recommend the sleep sac which can be found at Babies R Us, Target, and Walmart (I believe)





mizz.crystal
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 3:07 PM
My Opinion I Dont Like The Blanket Sleeper. It Just Looks Like The Baby Would Be Uncomfortable. I Mean Babies Like To Be Moving. I Dont Like The Idea Of Keeping Your Baby "tied Down In There Sleep". Since My Daughter Was Born We Just Used A Regular Blanket With Her. And Nothing Has Happened. She Doesnt Really Roll In Her Sleep. So Im Not Worried. The Only Outcome Of Outting Her Sleep With A Regular Feelce Blanket Is That Its THe Only One She Would Fall Asleep With.
MomToBeISaMom
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM
A blanket sleeper is a little warmer than a regular sleeper and should be plenty warm for your little one over night.  Imagine if you were in a head-to-toe sleeper of that weight, wouldn't you feel warm enough?  I put a onesie under it and call it good.
On very cold nights, I put a onesie, a regular light-weight sleeper, and then a sleep sack on DS.  He is very comfortable and can roll around freely if he wants.
nily
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM
My son wont go for the sleeper LOL with hin it HAD to be a blanket I use it since he was born BUT with all the supervision in the world now he is 14 months old and he still.

No comments:

Post a Comment