Monday, March 7, 2016

Will Gerber blanket sleepers shrink in the wash?

you know those fleece like pajamas? Well I bought some for my 17 month old in a size 3T last night. I know wow 3T? Well I was going to get him a 2T, but he weighs too much for that size according to the chart and he is a little short for the length, but I got the 3T anyway. Well talk about some long pajamas! They fit really good everywhere else, just the legs are so long. I'm hoping they'll shrink a little in the wash because I think the 2T might be too small and he is going to grow some before winter is over. Any other suggestions will be appreciated also.
Update: Okay I lied there 100% polyester...My bad
6 answers

Answers

Relevance
Best Answer:  don't be suprised by buying a 3t. sleepers and underwear tend to run small.

they'll shrink a bit. don't over dry them either. they'll loose their soft texture. they'll will have an almost scratchy feel to them. he'll grow into those in no time flat!
Amy · 8 years ago
0
0
Comment
Asker's rating 5 out of 5
  • No- they won't shrink, if they do it's less than a half inch. Try going to your local goodwill or thrift store and buy some smaller ones for cheap, that way when he outgrows them, lol, you're not out a lot of money. I did the same thing last year, and this year my daughter still fits into her 24 month ones, but she wears a 3t in everything else. They probably won't fit her all winter, but she's actually heavier and taller than she's supposed to be. Other makers sizes are bigger as well, the ones they sell singly for about 650 at wal-mart, the size 24 months is huge! Lol, we just went to our goodwill yesterday and found another 24 month jammies and a full sized Carebear zip up costume, and paid 5 dollars for what was obviously over 40 dollars worth of clothing, and they're both like new!
    Good luck!
    heartlostangel · 8 years ago
    0
    0
    Comment
  • They will shrink but not too much since they are polyester..and wow what a big boy my 2 yr old daughter is in 18-24 months but she is on the small side toobut the sleepers i had last yr shrunk some not too much
    Tinker Bell · 8 years ago
    0
    0
    Comment
  • 100% cotton will shrink.
    100% polyester should not shrink.
    snowwillow20 · 8 years ago
    0
    0
    Comment
  • Fleece does not shrink.
    Marianna R · 8 years ago
    0
    0
    Comment
  • I ALWAYS buy a size bigger. When I buy them, they ALWAYS shrink!!!
    Rachel · 6 months ago

No comments:

Post a Comment